Year: 2021 | Month: September | Volume 10 | Issue 3
Criteria for Resources Facilities for Inclusive School
to Meet the Needs of Students with Special Needs in
Wessam Al Chibani
In Lebanon, even though the Ministry of Education and Higher Education (MEHE) released a decre law number 9091, which details the public schools in Lebanon should be built upon, the decree doesn’t mention the criteria required for accessibility of learner with special needs. Thus, there is a need to come up with several criteria which meet the necessities of learners with special needs, which will help the responsible people while building inclusive pilot schools. This study is concerned with helping overcome the physical barriers by suggesting different criteria for inclusive schools. The data for this study was collected from private schools in Lebanon. In this study, the researchers analyzed the data quantitatively and qualitatively, which is used in the resource facilities. The results of this study cannot be generalized to all schools in Lebanon. Findings reveal that most private schools are not fully equipped with the essential criteria to meet the necessities of the learners with special needs. They still lack the significant criteria of building facilities and specially adapted rooms. The study is concluded by several significant criteria to be considered based on the previous literature obtained from different resources.
Print This Article
Email This Article to Your Friend
- Inclusion education is concerned with removing all the obstacles encountered by learners with special needs.
- There is a need to come up with several criteria which meet the necessities of learners with special needs, which will help the responsible people while building inclusive pilot schools.
- The social, cultural, and economic realities in Lebanon’s schools contribute to the growth of diversity.
- Beyond the schooling of learners’ with special needs, inclusive schools are the most effective way to combat discriminatory behavior, create inclusive societies, and achieve education for all.
- Inclusive schools are a way to fight exclusion from the school..